Berbatov Doubtful for Chelsea Match
English Premier League side Fulham's Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov is in question for Saturday's clash with London rivals Chelsea.
"Berbatov will have an assessment on his hamstring which is a bit tight, and we hope he can be fit to play", stated Fulham's manager Martin Jol for the club's official website. The team's other forward Bryan Ruiz will miss the match for sure due to an ankle injury. This leaves Jol with a difficult choice regarding his attack.
Berbatov has started in every Fulham match this season, although he is yet to score a goal. His experience, however, will be invaluable for a challenging visit to Stamford Bridge. Three points separate the two London teams, with Chelsea in 6th position and Fulham in 14th.
Chelsea host Fulham on Saturday at 5:30 PM local time. Last season, the two sides finished the fixture in a goalless draw.
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report