France Uneasy About Bulgaria, Romania Schengen Membership
Bulgaria and Romania's accession to Schengen Area is still not on the agenda, according to the French Minister of Interior Affairs Manuel Valls.
In an official statement for French media, Valls expressed his intensified worries about Bulgaria and Romania entry in the Schengen free movement area on January 1, 2014, with criminal organizations coming from the Balkans, triggering crime wave in France.
"I have reservations because the measures necessary to guarantee the security of our citizens haven't been taken yet " the Minister stated, expressing his doubts about Bulgaria and Romania readiness to join Shengen area in the wake of 2014.
- » UK Carries On Crusade against Bulgarians, Romanians, Wants New EU Rules
- » Marginal Bulgarian Party Eager to Table Berlusconi MEP Bid
- » Dutch Open Labor Market for Bulgarians, Romanians
- » Bulgaria Excited by Upcoming EU-Turkey Readmission Deal
- » EU, Turkey Set to Ink Readmission Deal
- » EC Rebuts Reports of Accusing Bulgaria's GERB of EU Funds Freeze