Bus with Ukrainian Tourists, Bulgarian Drivers, Crashes in Romania, 2 Dead
Two Ukrainian tourists died and five others were injured last night when their bus overturned in eastern Romania.
According to the extraordinary situations inspectorate, as cited by Adjepress, a man and a woman were killed in the accident.
The five injured are stable, and three of them have been taken to hospital.
The spokesperson of the extraordinary situations inspectorate was quoted as saying that there had been 77 people on the double-decker bus, including 74 Ukrainian tourists, who had been on their way back to Ukraine after a holiday in Bulgaria, and three Bulgarian drivers.
The bus overturned in a ditch between the cities of Mărăşeşti and Călimăneşti.
Given the good road condition, it is believed that the driver fell asleep behind the wheel, according to road police authorities.
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry to Increase Smoking Ban Checks during Holidays
- » Poll: 33% of Bulgarians Have No Savings
- » L'Oreal, UNESCO Program in Bulgaria Gives Applicants More Time, Chances
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital