Bulgaria's LGBT Pride Parade Scheduled for September 21
The sixth annual Sofia Pride LGBT parade will take place in the Bulgarian capital on September 21, it has been made clear.
The parade will start at 3:00 pm local time at the Nezavisimost (Independence) square in Sofia.
The upcoming Sofia Pride parade will demand justice for the murder of Mihail Stoyanov, a 25-year-old medical student who was beaten to death in one of Sofia's parks on September 30, 2008.
The suspects, who claimed to be “cleansing the park of gays”, were charged with "homicide with hooligan motive" and placed under house arrest. They were released two years later.
The parade will also protest against Russia’s notorious “gay propaganda law.”
The participants in the parade are expected to join the now-traditional anti-graft rally demanding the resignation of the Bulgarian government on the evening of September 21, according to local media.
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah
- » Bulgarian Students with Higher Academic Scores Since 2009
- » UNHCR: Bulgaria Needs to Do More for Refugees
- » Europe to Tackle Inequality with Minimum Income Policy
- » Bulgarian Protesters Join Ukrainans in Fight against 'Bloodthirsty Monster'