Nationalist TV Channel Runs Weather Forecast Using 'Bulgaria-on-3-Seas' Map
Bulgarian television station "Alfa" issued a controversial weather forecast, depicting the country with its X century borders, under the Kingdom of Tsar Simeon.
At the time, Bulgaria had access to 3 seas, and the forecaster stated that many Bulgarians still live in those lands. The TV station is closely associated with the far-right nationalist party Ataka chaired by Volen Siderov.
"The Bulgarians in Larissa (Greece) will enjoy a sunny day with temperatures of up to 36 degrees", the weather reporter said.
The forecast started with the cities of Odessa, Tirana and Nis, and covered almost the entire territory of the Balkan Peninsula.
- » Bulgarian University People Protest by Building 'Book Wall'
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna