Jason Statham Survives 'Near-Death Experience' on Set in Bulgaria
Jason Statham survived a “near death experience” while shooting the threequel to The Expendables in Bulgaria, according to Terry Crews.
During a visit to "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Expendables co-star Terry Crews recounted a near-death experience that took place during a scene in which Statham was driving a truck. "He is supposed to stop the truck, we get out, we shoot," the actor explained.
"The truck doesn't stop. The truck goes over the dock, into the Black Sea with Jason Statham driving."
Crews went on to say that everybody just froze as Statham and the vehicle disappeared under the water. The cast and the filmmakers were "freaking out" and "screaming," but luckily Statham was able to get out of the truck and swim out unscathed. The truck, however, continued to sink all the way to the bottom of the sea.
"Let me tell you something, Jason Statham is a true bad, bad dude," said Crews, according to Moviephone.
The Expendables 3 is being produced by Nu Image and Millennium Films and Lionsgate will release it in August 2014. The movie’s cast includes Harrison Ford, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, Wesley Snipes, Mel Gibson, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Antonio Banderas, Ronda Rousey and Arnold Schwarzenegger, among others.
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest
- » Legendary Aerosmith to Rock Sofia in May
- » Top Bulgarian Landmark Honors Patron Saint