Telekom Austria Says Bulgaria Its Most Difficult Market
Telekom Austria has justified the shake-up in the senior management of its Bulgarian subsidiary, saying the country is the most difficult market within the group.
“Bulgaria is currently the most difficult market within the Telekom Austria Group. With Thanasis Katsiroubas we were able to recruit an excellent expert on the Bulgarian market and one of the most experienced telecom top managers within the Group for this challenging task," said Hannes Ametsreiter, CEO of the Telekom Austria Group.
Telekom Austria named Thanasis Katsiroubas on Monday as chief executive of its Mobiltel business in Bulgaria, where the market is locked in fierce competition.
Katsiroubas moves from being CEO of Vip mobile in Serbia to replace Andreas Maierhofer, who did not renew his contract after 10 years working for the group abroad, the company said. Mobiltel marketing head Martin Lippautz was also leaving.
Katsiroubas, 51, has more than two decades of experience in the sector, and has also served as CEO of Mobiltel rival Globul.
- » Nearly 1000 Firms in Bulgaria Delayed Salaries in 2013
- » Bulgarian MPs Mull Tax on All Types of Electricity Producers
- » Construction of Zinc Plant in Bulgaria's Kardzhali to Start in 2014
- » Bulgaria Mulls Setting Up Agency to Restrict Land Use by Foreigners
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria