D.C. Navy Yard Gun Attack Kills 12, Shooter Dead
A gunman killed a dozen people and wounded fourteen as the workday began at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday.
The gunman has been identified as a former Navy serviceman.
Aaron Alexis, 34, of Fort Worth, Texas, died in a gun battle with police during the rampage at Washington Navy Yard.
Eight others were injured in the attack, which began at around 8:20 local time (12:20 GMT) on Monday.
US President Barack Obama ordered flags be lowered to half mast at the White House and Capitol Hill.
He said he mourned "yet another mass shooting" and condemned the "cowardly act".
No motive is known for the attack, whose dozen victims ranged in age from 46-73, said the authorities.
- » Westerwelle: EU Still Hopes to See Ukraine Joining
- » 3 Ukrainian Ex-Presidents Back Pro-EU Protests
- » Ukrainian PM Threatens Pro-EU Protesters with Prison
- » Azarov Threatens Western Ukraine with Budget Cuts over Protests
- » Russia Calls for Non-Interference in Ukraine
- » Protesting Pro-EU Students Occupy Education Ministry in Kiev