Bulgarian Top TV Journalist’s Car Set on Fire, Arson Suspected
The car of Genka Shikerova, a long-time journalist at private TV channel bTV and currently co-host of its morning broadcast, has been set on fire in a suspected arson.
The news was first reported by the TV channel and later confirmed by Shikerova.
The car – a Peugeot 308 – parked in front of the journalist’s home in Geo Milev district - suddenly burst into flames half an hour after eight on Monday evening.
Neighbors rushed to the parking lot and tried to put out the flames, but in vain.
The car has burned down completely.
Genka Shikerova is currently co-host of bTV morning broadcast, together with Konstantin Karadzhov.
The pair started their work last month after the previous hosts – Anni Tzolova and Victor Nikolaev - moved to the rival, Nova TV.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Computers Hacked by China - Report
- » Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
- » Czech Police Hit on Bulgarian Mobsters - Report
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating