4 Killed in Shooting Rampage at Washington Navy Yard
At least four people have been killed in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a naval installation in the US capital, according to officials.
Local news agencies have said a police officer was among those injured. It remains unclear how many were hurt.
The Navy said on its Twitter feed that three shots were fired at 8:20 a.m. (1220 GMT) inside its Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters, which is responsible for building, purchasing and maintaining submarines and ships in America's naval fleet. Around 3,000 people work in the building, the Navy said.
Two suspected shooters "are down" at the Washington Navy Yard, Ed Zeigler, director of Public Affairs for Naval District Washington, has said, according to CNN. Zeigler was not able to confirm whether the suspected gunmen had been taken into custody or killed.
There was no immediate indication of what the motive for the attack might be.
US President Barack Obama has been briefed on the matter by top officials.
- » Ukraine's Tymoshenko Ends Hunger Strike
- » Some Social Media Users Claim Mandela Was 'Terrorist, Racist'
- » French IM Urges EU to be Realistic in its Immigration Policies
- » Mandela to Be Buried in Hometown on December 15
- » 5 Things about Mandela that Make World Smile on a Sad Day
- » Pope Francis: Nelson Mandela will Inspire Generations