InvestBulgaria Agency Plans Better Fund Utilization
Under the previous management, InvestBulgaria Agency failed to utilize over BGN 12 M under the operational program "Competitiveness," the agency's new Executive Director Svetoslav Mladenov stated.
The Agency has been given a four-month extension for the utilization of funds, reports BGNES.
In order not to lose this BGN 12 M, a new regional program has been launched, Mladenov added.
According to him, the main goal of the InvestBulgaria Agency is promoting business climate and attracting investors to the country.
"Our efforts are geared towards cooperation with regional municipalities and relevant ministries on investment projects, in order to draft an "Investment Catalog" for Bulgaria in the following month and a half," said the CEO.
Another priority of the Agency would be to improve communication with universities.
Mladenov was appointed at the post at the beginning of September by the country's new Socialist-led government.
Mladenov replaceed Borislav Stefanov, who resigned from the post of InvestBulgaria Agency head on August 27.
Mladenov was born in 1974. He holds MA degrees in Business Administration from the Vienna University of Economics and Business and the University of Minnesota and a BA degree in International Tourism.
Mladenov has a specialization in Investment Policy from the Saint Petersburg State University.
He has over 10 years of experience in the spheres of pharmaceutical industry and investments.
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria
- » Gazprom Surprised, Disappointed at EC Stance on South Stream
- » Bulgarian Court to Review IP Theft Complaint of French Alstom
- » Parliamentary Control Canceled over Bulgaria's Budget 2014
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Ups Security Agency Budget to BGN 112 M
- » Bulgaria Opposes Establishment of Single EU Telecom Market