Bulgarian Refugee Shelters Exceeding Capacity
Over the past three days, 244 foreign nationals have illegally crossed the border into Bulgaria.
177 of them are Syrian nationals, and 67 come from other countries.
The capacity of the regional refugee shelters under the authority of the State Agency for Refugees and those of the Interior Ministry is currently exceeded by 514 beds, reported BGNES agency. The overall limit is 1 930 persons.
The shelter for temporary accommodation in Elhovo has housed 166 asylum seekers.
A key problem for the Regional Directorate of the Elhovo Border Police is the inability to timely accommodate persons with expired detention warrants.
These warrants are issued by the transit centers of the State Agency for Refugees and specialized homes of the Migration Directorate under the Ministry of Interior.
- » The Prosecutor's Office is Investigating the Admission of Foreign Students at Medical University Sofia
- » Thousands of Romanians Protested in Bucharest
- » Meteorologists have Warned of Strong Winds and Heavy Rainfalls
- » The Kindergartens in Varna Offer Free Training in all Kinds of Sports
- » Delays in Distributing Food to Socially Disadvantaged People
- » Incident with Bulgaria's Only "Spartan"