Bulgarian Refugee Shelters Exceeding Capacity
Over the past three days, 244 foreign nationals have illegally crossed the border into Bulgaria.
177 of them are Syrian nationals, and 67 come from other countries.
The capacity of the regional refugee shelters under the authority of the State Agency for Refugees and those of the Interior Ministry is currently exceeded by 514 beds, reported BGNES agency. The overall limit is 1 930 persons.
The shelter for temporary accommodation in Elhovo has housed 166 asylum seekers.
A key problem for the Regional Directorate of the Elhovo Border Police is the inability to timely accommodate persons with expired detention warrants.
These warrants are issued by the transit centers of the State Agency for Refugees and specialized homes of the Migration Directorate under the Ministry of Interior.
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak
- » Death Toll in the Car Accident near Mikre Rises to 9
- » Archaeologists Find Statue of Egyptian Goddess Isis, Satyr’s Head at Roman Villa, Nymphaeum in Bulgaria’s Kasnakovo
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Buy Back Roman Forum of Ancient Philipopolis 15 Years after Selling It
- » Archaeologists Have Discovered a Unique Statue of the Goddess Isis