Bulgarian Refugee Shelters Exceeding Capacity
Over the past three days, 244 foreign nationals have illegally crossed the border into Bulgaria.
177 of them are Syrian nationals, and 67 come from other countries.
The capacity of the regional refugee shelters under the authority of the State Agency for Refugees and those of the Interior Ministry is currently exceeded by 514 beds, reported BGNES agency. The overall limit is 1 930 persons.
The shelter for temporary accommodation in Elhovo has housed 166 asylum seekers.
A key problem for the Regional Directorate of the Elhovo Border Police is the inability to timely accommodate persons with expired detention warrants.
These warrants are issued by the transit centers of the State Agency for Refugees and specialized homes of the Migration Directorate under the Ministry of Interior.
- » A Woman Smashed Police Patrols Vehicles and Wounded Policemen in Dimitrovgrad
- » Hot in Some Places in the Afternoon in Bulgaria, Maximum Temperatures Reaching 25°C to 30°C
- » Moderate Magnetic Storm will Reach Earth
- » Powerful Earthquake in Romania
- » The Coming Days in Bulgaria: Sun until Noon, do not Forget the Umbrella in the Afternoon
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU by the Number of Women Working in the IT Sector