Man Suffers Brain Trauma, Girl with Concussion after Sofia Mall Crash
A young man and a girl are in hospital seriously injured after a jeep rammed into the parking lot of a mall on a busy boulevard in downtown Sofia.
The 24-year old man is in serious condition, suffering a cerebral trauma while the girl has lighter injuries and a concussion, doctors said.
Both have been admitted to the district St Anna Hospital.
The third injured, a man of an apparent age of over 40 year was rushed to the emergency hospital "Pirogov".
The accident occurred in front of "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd shortly after 5 pm.
According to unconfirmed media reports, the man behind the wheel of the jeep was a Ukrainian citizen. He and his wife have also been injured.
Police has sealed off the area.
An investigation into the case has been launched.
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry to Increase Smoking Ban Checks during Holidays
- » Poll: 33% of Bulgarians Have No Savings
- » L'Oreal, UNESCO Program in Bulgaria Gives Applicants More Time, Chances
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital