EP Socialist Leader Swoboda Meets PES Head Stanishev, Bulgarian PM Oresharski in Sofia
The leader of the S&D group in the European Parliament Hannes Swoboda is in Sofia to talk with Party of European Socialists and Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev.
The two had a head-to-head lunch Friday in order to discuss the upcoming European elections in May 2014, and the political situation in Bulgaria.
The home situation of PES and Bulgarian Socialist's leader Stanishev is not all too cozy, as the new, socialist-backed cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski has been facing unceasing, albeit dwindling protests for close to three months now.
During his Sofia trip, the top socialist MEP is also meeting the Bulgarian PM.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister