Bulgaria's Defense Ministry Offers 26 Properties to House Refugees
Bulgaria's Defense Ministry will offer 26 properties for accommodating refugees, according to Defense Minister Angel Naydenov.
In a Thursday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, he made clear that the facilities had the capacity to house over 10 000 people.
Naydenov specified that the buildings were located in southeastern Bulgaria, the Rhodope Mountains, the Kresna municipality, and the Samokov district.
He assured that the accommodation of refugees at the designated sites would only happen after consultations with the other institutions, municipalities and locals.
The Defense Minister emphasized that many of the 26 buildings were dilapidated and required funding for urgent repair works.
He said that the cost of repair works was yet to be estimated, adding that preliminary calculations indicated that Bulgaria would need around BGN 10 M to address the needs of the increasing numbers of refugees.
He also informed that the Military Medical Academy in Sofia had expressed readiness to donate bedclothes and vaccines against infectious diseases as well as a mobile clinical laboratory and a minor procedure room with medical staff for refugees.
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll
- » Bulgarian PM: Cabinet Bent on Improving Business Climate
- » Bulgaria's Opposition GERB Suffers 1st Renegade
- » Newest Bulgarian Politician Threatens Occupation of Ukrainian Embassy