Monopolies, Cartels Plague 11 Sectors of Bulgaria's Economy - MP
A package of measures aimed to crack down on cartels and monopolies dominating eleven sectors of the Bulgarian economy will soon be implemented, officials have vowed.
They have however declined to disclose names of companies or single out the sectors in question.
“We are preparing a package of measures to combat the cartel agreements and monopoly influence” Yordan Tsonev, an MP from the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms and chair of the budget committee, announced on Wednesday.
Speaking at a parliamentary meeting of the Economic Policy Committee on Wednesday Tsonev assured the measures will enhance competitiveness, consumer protection and ban illegally imposed fees.
The politician explained that cartel collusions reducing the economic competition and monopolies controlling the Bulgarian market were found prevailing in 11 economic sectors.
The new measures are expected to be implemented by the end of next week.
- » Parliamentary Control Canceled over Bulgaria's Budget 2014
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Ups Security Agency Budget to BGN 112 M
- » Bulgaria Opposes Establishment of Single EU Telecom Market
- » Romanians Threaten to Set Houses Ablaze in Protest against Chevron Fracking
- » Bulgaria Urges Active Dialogue between EC, Russia on South Stream
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday