Russian Tourists Get Sick at Bulgaria's Black Sea - Min
The summer tourist season in Bulgaria has registered a growth of revenue, but has suffered from declining quality of service, said Bulgarian Minister of Economy Dragomir Stoynev.
Wednesday Stoynev spoke in Parliament at a hearing at the house's Committee on Economic Affairs.
"One of the main reasons that more wealthy tourists are not coming is that through the years we did not have a detailed policy on what type of tourism to develop," said the Economy Minister.
"At present we do not have proper infrastructure. One of the main reasons for the lack of well-off Russian tourists for instance is that here they frequently get ill. And the reason for that is the lack of proper sewerage cleaning facilities," said Stoynev.
According to the Bulgarian Minister of Economy, more funds are needed to build the requisite infrastructure at the Bulgarian Black Sea coasts.
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Up 8.9% Oct 2013 Y/Y
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Balkan States to Attract Chinese Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Performs Way above Int'l Average - Deputy Min
- » Environment Inspectors Uncover Violations at Top Bulgarian Ski Resort