Syrian Refugee Gives Birth at Bulgarian Hospital
In a case of emergency, a 23 -year old Syrian refugee has given birth to a baby boy at a hospital in the Bulgarian town of Haskovo.
Haalia Mustafa, who has been accommodated at the refugee camp Lubimets in southern Bulgaria gave birth by C-Section to her third child at a hospital in the town of Haskovo, which has committed to provide medical treatment for refugees.
“I am happy and I hope that the chance I had to give birth to my child in a peaceful country will bring him luck,” said Haalia Mustafa, adding that she wants to return to her homeland after the civil war ends.
The Bulgarian hospital in Haskovo has signed a contract with the Ministry of Interior to treat refugees that have come into the country. All costs are covered by the state.
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry to Increase Smoking Ban Checks during Holidays
- » Poll: 33% of Bulgarians Have No Savings
- » L'Oreal, UNESCO Program in Bulgaria Gives Applicants More Time, Chances
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital