Bulgarian Energy Min Lukewarm on Belene NPP
The fate of the Belene NPP project is in the hands of Bulgarian MPs, said Bulgarian Minister of Economy and Energy Dragomir Stoynev.
Speaking in Haskovo Sunday, Stoynev chose not to express outright support for the project, in the wake ot increasing talk of revival on the part of politicians from ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party and Movement for Rights and Freedoms.
"All projects within the energy sectors are investment projects that can stimulate and benefit our economy," said the Energy Minister.
"But as regards the Belene NPP, this project has been frozen by Parliament and only Parliament can decide whether to resume work on it or not," added he.
Bulgaria's previous, 41st National Assembly, dominated by center-right GERB, voted a close down of the project for a second NPP in Bulgaria in early 2012.
Bulgaria has a contract concluded with Atomstroyexport for the construction of Belene NPP, over which the state Russian company has filed a claim for indemnities upon the project's freezing.
- » Bulgarian Govt Moves to Build New NPP Unit
- » BEH Head to Lead Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog
- » 1 More Resigns from Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Chief Calls it Quits over Stress
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Chief Resigns - Report
- » Bulgaria Energy Min to Meet Oettinger over South Stream