Iran Worried by Possibility of Military Strike on Syria - FM
The conflict in Syria can be solved only by means of dialogue, stated Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs Mohammad Javad Zarif.
Sunday Iran's new top diplomat visited Iraq to speak with Iraqi counterpart Hoshyar Zibari amid increasing possibility that the US and other countries might launch military strikes on Syria.
"We are followinng with concern the attempts to start a war in the region. We consider dialogue to be the only solution to the conlict in Syria," stated Zarif.
At the same time, the two foreign affairs ministers condemned the use of chemical weapons in Syria, reports RIA Novosti.
"The use of chemical weapons provokes resolute condemnation, no matter which of the sides in the conflict has resorted to it," said the Iranian top diplomat.
Zarif nevertheless called on all countries from the region to cooperate in order to prevent "the start of a war against Syria."
- » Ukrainian PM Asks 20 B from EU to Ink Association Deal
- » Defiant Pro-EU Protesters in Kiev Rebuild Barricades
- » 3 Czech Parties Ink Coalition Agreement
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness