Greece-Bulgaria Traffic Intensifies End of Weekend
Bulgarian border authorities have informed of heavy incoming traffic from Greece Sunday, at the end of a 3-day-long weekend in Bulgaria.
Between Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon, over 54,000 vehicles and 195,000 people have crossed the border, informed authorities.
Over 50% of that traffic has passed through the Kulata - Promachonas checkpoint.
Sunday afternoon the traffic on the E-79 international road from Kulata on to Sofia is especially heavy.
Friday, September 6 Bulgarians celebrated Unification Day, which is a non-working holiday in the country.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014