Bulgarian Border Police Detain 43 Immigrants in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 43 foreign nationals who crossed Turkey’s border with Bulgaria illegally over the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry announced.
Seven women and twelve children were among those detained.
A total of 36 people have stated to be Syrian nationals, with none of them having IDs.
Nationals of full age have been temporary detained, while mothers and the children were accommodated in special facilities.
Bulgarian officials informed last week that the number of illegal immigrants crossing the Bulgarian border has increased twofold in 2013, compared to the previous year.
It has reached over 3 000, with 1 600 of them coming from Syria. The sharp and ongoing increase of Syrians entering Bulgaria is attributed to the ongoing conflict in the country.
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court
- » Bulgarian Woman Assaulted in Thessaloniki, Claims Rape
- » New 'Refugee' Incident Reported in Bulgarian Capital
these 'refugees' are all potential terrorists and suicide bombers, give them asylum then they will make terror in Bulgaria, easy just shoot them and say was mistake that will stop the flood, they should stay in Turkey where there "brothers" will care for them