EPP: Snap Polls Only Way Out of Political Impasse in Bulgaria
The European People's Party, EPP, is following with great concern the political developments in Bulgaria in the aftermath of the May 12 early parliamentary elections, the party has said in a statement.
The statement has been distributed Friday by the press office of the formerly-ruling and now opposition center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB.
GERB is a member of EPP.
EPP, cited by the Bulgarian Focus news agency, says that new snap and fair elections would be the only way out of the destructive political impasse and a tactic to regain the trust of the majority of Bulgarian society and European partners in Bulgarian institutions.
EPP further voices deep disappointment from the attempts of the ruling Socialist-led coalition to appoint individuals with suspicious moral and professional reputation at key posts, underscoring controversial appointments have sparked the relentless rallies in the country, lasting for 84 days now.
- » EP: Russia, Keep Out of Eastern Europe!
- » EU Energy Commissioner: EC Not Opposed to South Stream
- » UK Home Office Plays Down Emergency Plans over Bulgarians, Romanians
- » UK Revamps Olympics 2012 Emergency Plans over Bulgarians, Romanians
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels