Bulgarian Socialists Caution against Military Action in Syria
Bulgaria’s ruling Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) has declared itself against military action in Syria before all peaceful ways to resolve the conflict are exhausted.
The Bulgarian Socialists believe a solution to the crisis in Syria could only be achieved through political means.
A potential Bulgarian participation in a “coalition of the willing” would be “unacceptable”, the party said in a declaration presented Tuesday by key left-wing MP Yanaki Stoilov.
BSP, which is known for its close ties with Russia, has called upon the international community to abstain from military action in Syria without a UN Security Council mandate.
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin will inform the Parliament’s foreign affairs committee on the situation in Syria on Wednesday.
- » Bulgaria to Send Commando Unit to Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria Says It Will Cope with Refugee Influx 'Within Weeks'
- » Bulgaria's Border Fence Operation Going as Planned - Defense Min
- » Interior: 8 000 Await Refugee Status in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Participate in NATO's Resolute Support for Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian President Calls Security Council over Refugee Crisis