Bulgarian Woman Dies in San Diego Bicycle Accident
A 21-year-old Bulgarian woman has died in hospital several hours after being hit and critically injured in San Diego.
The victim was identified as Stela Hristova, 21, who was visiting family in San Diego.
Hristova was riding her bike without a helmet headed southbound in the middle of the traffic lane about 3:30 am Sunday in the 2500 block of Ingraham Street on Vacation Island, CNS informs. The driver of a sedan swerved when he saw her, but not in time, and struck her.
She was taken to a nearby hospital where she died at 2:05 pm from injuries she sustained in the collision.
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24