Bulgaria Nominates Spy Comedy for Foreign Language Oscar
Spy comedy “The Color of the Chameleon” of director Emil Hristov has been selected as Bulgaria’s nominee for the upcoming Annual Academy Awards' foreign-language category.
"The Color of the Chameleon" centers on misfit youth turned engraving plant employee Batko Stamenov (codename: Marzipan), who is recruited by the secret police to infiltrate a book reading group.
“A darkly comic and compelling tale of a rogue Communist-era agent who builds a parallel spy network after his dismissal from state service, Hristov's directorial debut reflects his long experience as a cinematographer,” The Hollywood Reporter says about the move.
The film screened in the Discovery section at last year's Toronto festival and picked up a special mention at Thessaloniki.
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest
- » Legendary Aerosmith to Rock Sofia in May
- » Top Bulgarian Landmark Honors Patron Saint
- » After Bulgaria, Serbia Out of Eurovision Too, Portugal Back