Russia Claims to Detect Ballistic Launch in Mediterranean
Russia's Defense Ministry detected the launch of two ballistic objects in the Mediterranean Sea on Tuesday.
The launch was detected at 10:16 Moscow time (06:16 GMT) by a radar in the southern Russian city of Armavir, a Defense Ministry spokesman said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Russia's Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu reported the launch to President Vladimir Putin, the spokesman told Russian journalists.
The targets' trajectories ran from the central to the eastern Mediterranean, the spokesman said.
A diplomatic source in the Syrian capital, Damascus, told RIA Novosti that the targets fell into the sea.
The Russian Embassy in Damascus said it did not have any information about the launch.
The press office of Russia's Defense Ministry was not immediately available for further comment.
- » Ukraine's Tymoshenko Ends Hunger Strike
- » Some Social Media Users Claim Mandela Was 'Terrorist, Racist'
- » French IM Urges EU to be Realistic in its Immigration Policies
- » Mandela to Be Buried in Hometown on December 15
- » 5 Things about Mandela that Make World Smile on a Sad Day
- » Pope Francis: Nelson Mandela will Inspire Generations