Theater to Open at James Bourchier Subway Station in Sofia
A theater will open at the "James Bourchier" subway station in Sofia, according to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Fandakova presented details about the project on Monday after a meeting with Hristo Mutafchiev, Chair of the Bulgarian Actors Union.
She made clear that the theater would be situated on a territory of around 500 square meters and would seat around 200-250 people.
Fandakova noted that the plot earmarked for the theater had been declared private municipal property and an architectural competition was to be organized.
She told journalists that the Sofia Municipal Council was to issue a decision allowing the Bulgarian Actors Union to use the property free of charge.
The Sofia Mayor made clear that the municipal administration was to provide basic equipment without lighting and sound, while the Bulgarian Actors Union was to supply the remaining investments.
"We are in talks with a number of banks and other institutions because we could also apply a public-private partnership scheme, we have not stopped working on the project," Mutafchiev told Sega daily.
He noted that the theater could have the following agenda: puppet theater in the morning, rehearsals in the early afternoon, drama productions in the afternoon, and jazz concerts in the evening.
- » Roger Waters with a New Concert in Bulgaria in 2018
- » 'Inspiration' Festival of the Old Town of Plovdiv Will Run Until 24th of September
- » Two New Banksy Artworks Appear on Wall of Barbican Centre
- » Lady Gaga Canceled her European Tour
- » Bulgarian Film Wins the Award at the World Festival of Animation Cinema
- » Plovdiv Will Host 'Modern Bulgarian Photography' Exhibition