Theater to Open at James Bourchier Subway Station in Sofia
A theater will open at the "James Bourchier" subway station in Sofia, according to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Fandakova presented details about the project on Monday after a meeting with Hristo Mutafchiev, Chair of the Bulgarian Actors Union.
She made clear that the theater would be situated on a territory of around 500 square meters and would seat around 200-250 people.
Fandakova noted that the plot earmarked for the theater had been declared private municipal property and an architectural competition was to be organized.
She told journalists that the Sofia Municipal Council was to issue a decision allowing the Bulgarian Actors Union to use the property free of charge.
The Sofia Mayor made clear that the municipal administration was to provide basic equipment without lighting and sound, while the Bulgarian Actors Union was to supply the remaining investments.
"We are in talks with a number of banks and other institutions because we could also apply a public-private partnership scheme, we have not stopped working on the project," Mutafchiev told Sega daily.
He noted that the theater could have the following agenda: puppet theater in the morning, rehearsals in the early afternoon, drama productions in the afternoon, and jazz concerts in the evening.
- » Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia
- » Fifth Edition Of So Independent Festival To Start On Oct. 24
- » Lara Fabian To Sing In Sofia
- » Balkan Rakia Fest To Take Place In Sofia
- » Plovdiv to Receive BGN 20 M to Implement 2019 European Capital of Culture Program
- » Gong Myoung Ensemble Performs During Days of Korean Culture in Sofia