Syrian PM Says Army Ready to Respond to Strike
Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi has declared that his country’s army is ready for potential foreign strikes against it and has its "finger on the trigger,"
"The Syrian army is fully ready, its finger on the trigger to face any challenge or scenario that they want to carry out," he said in a written statement aired on television, according to international media.
On Saturday, UN weapons inspectors crossed into neighbouring Lebanon after four days of inspections in Syria, including investigations of what happened in the Damascus suburbs on August 21.
US President Barack Obama has said he is considering military action against Syria based on intelligence reports.
- » Ukrainian PM Asks 20 B from EU to Ink Association Deal
- » Defiant Pro-EU Protesters in Kiev Rebuild Barricades
- » 3 Czech Parties Ink Coalition Agreement
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness