Bulgaria Says Ready to Evacuate Its Citizens from Syria
Bulgaria is ready to evacuate its citizens from Syria if their lives or health is in danger, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin assured on Friday.
Vigenin told reporters that the country is taking the necessary measures to step up the security of its consulates in the Middle East.
The Foreign Minister once again condemned the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria, declaring that such an act cannot be left without consequences. However, he did not put the blame of the supposed chemical weapons attack last week to any of the parties in Syria's civil war.
Vigenin once again warned Bulgarians against traveling to Syria and the region.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Defense Minister Angel Naydenov assured that the country is following closely the situation in Syria and has been evaluating the military and political risks that stem from it.
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia