Bulgarian Fans to Experience Roger Waters’ 'The Wall' Friday
Roger Waters, the co-founder and a principal songwriter, bassist and vocalist of the archetypal progressive band Pink Floyd, will stage his rock opera "The Wall" in the Bulgarian capital Sofia on Friday, August 30, at Vassil Levski national stadium.
The Wall is being built and will be around 100 meters long, creeping along the “Sector G” of the stadium. The huge wall of white bricks is not the only special effect. Puppets, as tall as the wall, are an integral part of the concert. There are fireworks, sound and light effects that recreate combat aircrafts and a huge balloon in the shape of a pig which flies over the audience.
There are various charities involved and Waters will pay special attention in the concert to the children.
He will invite15 children on the stage to perform with him the classic "Another Brick in the Wall" song.
There are no warming-up performances scheduled and the spectators of the concert are advised to come on time at 8 p.m.
The public transport in the capital will be running until 1 a.m. in the night of the event.
The tickets for Waters' rock show range from BGN 65 to BGN 180.
The screenplay writer of "The Wall," George Roger Waters (born September 6, 1943) is an English musician, singer, songwriter and composer. He was founder member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd, serving as bassist and co-lead vocalist.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014