Bulgarians Warned against Traveling to Middle East, North Africa
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has warned Bulgarian citizens against traveling to the Middle East and North Africa .
Travels to Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Libya should be especially avoided as security and personal safety there are under threat, Foreign Ministry officials said Thursday.
“We are calling upon Bulgarian citizens to register in Bulgarian diplomatic missions either via phone or an e-mail. Their preliminary registration is essential for the fast reaction of authorities if needed. ” read a statement of the Bulgarian Foreign minister.
In case of an emergency, Bulgarian citizens should turn to the nearest Diplomatic Representation of the Republic of Bulgaria.
On August 21, chemical weapons were allegedly used in Syria, in a town near the capital Damascus, killing hundreds of Syrian civilians.
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia