Ban Ki-moon Says UN Experts Team to Leave Syria on Saturday
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has said that UN experts should be allowed to conclude their investigation activities into last week's apparent chemical attack in Syria.
Ban said the experts will report to him as soon as they leave the country Saturday.
"Diplomacy should be given a chance and peace given a chance," he declared.
"It is important that all differences of opinion should be solved through peaceful means and through dialogue."
The findings of the experts will also be shared with all UN member countries, said Ban, according to international media.
The US State Department said Tuesday it was already "crystal clear" that Assad's government was responsible for the chemical attack.
- » Mandela Memorial Inspires Historic Castro-Obama Hanshake
- » Full Text of Obama Address at Mandela Memorial Service
- » President Barack Obama: 'Madiba' Resisted Being an Icon
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Service List of Attendees
- » Ban Ki-Moon: Mandela's Lesson is for All Humankind
- » Steady Rain Delays Mandela Memorial Service