Ambassador in Sofia: Syria Ready to Strike Back
If war is inevitable, Syria will strike back, says the temporary acting Ambassador of Syria in Sofia, Bashar Safehey.
Speaking Thursday for the morning political talk show of TV7, Safehey stressed Syria will not allow aggression and it will not be an easy target to anybody.
The diplomat pointed out that those accusing the regime of President Bashar al-Assad of using chemical weapons should conclusively prove it.
"We have not used and will not use chemical weapons against our nation," the Ambassador was firm.
He reiterated that his country was ready to strike back in case of military intervention and missile threat.
Safehey explained that the Syrian counterattack would be done with Russia's support.
According to the diplomat, more than 130 counties have joined the pact against his country in exchange of billions of dollars, trying to transfer the war outside Syrian borders.
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia