Bulgaria Says Not Asked to Take Part in Syria Military Action
Bulgaria has not been asked to take part in military actions against Syria, Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said Wednesday.
"So far, we have not received any specific requests for support or participation in a military operation, or any other form of intervention in Syria as a result of the chemical weapons attack," Vigenin told a press briefing.
Vigenin urged the general public "not to speculate" about Bulgaria's potential participation in military actions in Syria.
He reminded that NATO is to hold talks on Wednesday on the situation in Syria. "We are also waiting for the results of UN's Security Council sitting," he added.
On Tuesday, Vigenin condemned last week's chemical attack in Syria, saying "the stubborn unwillingness of the regime to seek a political exit from the crisis is leading to a constant escalation of violence" in the country.
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia
- » Bulgaria, Iran Hold Top Diplomatic Meeting after Key Nuclear Agreement