55 Illegal Immigrants Detained on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 24 H
Bulgarian Border Police have intercepted numerous cases of illegal immigrants crossing the Bulgarian-Turkish border in the last 24 hours, detaining a total of 55 foreign nationals, the Interior Ministry announced.
26 illegal immigrants without IDs, claiming to be coming from the Palestine, Ghana and Mali were caught after midnight Monday near the Bulgarian-Turkish Border; in the vicinity of the town of Elhovo, after being intercepted by the Integrated Surveillance System at the border, the Bulgarian News Agency, BGNES, reported.
Meanwhile, 8 Syrian nationals were apprehended near the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The previous day, border authorities in Elhovo detained near the southern Bulgarian village of Lesovo 7 men, claiming to be Algerian. The men set a fire, aiming to be found easier as two of them were feeling sick and needed medical assistance.
- » Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania
- » Czech Police Hit on Bulgarian Mobsters - Report
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage