UK TV Sauciest Chef Back Home in Bulgaria for New Show
Known best in the UK as BBC's feisty cookery star, Bulgarian Silvena Rowe is coming back to her home country to star in a new culinary show.
Bulgarian national private TV channel bTV will launch in September a new reality culinary show, featuring the world famous Bulgarian-born cook.
Silvena, now a chef in a luxury London-based restaurant will be the star in the culinary show named “A pinch of salt”, which will be broadcasted this autumn around 8 pm.
“It’s time to give something back to the country where I was born and raised,” said Silvena.
In the show produced by CreActive Works, Silvena Rowe, who was raised in Bulgarian town of Plovdiv and left for London after high-school, will compete with other professional cooks revealing to the TV viewers cooking tricks for dishes requiring simple and easy to buy ingredients.
A jury will assess the participants' performances.
Silvena Rowe has once rejected an invitation from Bulgarian media, which invited her to participate in the reality show “VIP brother”.
Rowe used to write a culinary column in The Guardian.
“A pinch of Salt” show is originally English, it was going under the name Cookalong licensed by One Potato Two Potato Ltd and was launched in 2008.
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'