Sofia Mayor Pledges Full Overhaul of NDK Park
The Sofia City Hall is conducting public tenders for the full overhaul and refurbishment of the park of Sofia's National Palace of Culture, NDK.
The information was reported Sunday by the Mayor of Sofia, Yordanka Fandakova, speaking before Darik radio.
She explained the project has been approved for financing under the EU Operational Program Regional Development and will be co-financed by the City Hall.
The repair works will include all fountains, pavement, lighting, pedestrian areas and adjacent sidewalks, along with additional landscaping and the construction of a special irrigation system.
Fandakova said works will start immediately after the selection of the contractor if weather conditions allow it.
She further noted that the final decision about the future of the Monument 1300 Years of Bulgaria in the park will be made after the winning bid is announced.
NDK was erected during the Socialist regime and is in dire need of repairs.
- » Bugaria's Constitutional Court to Review Renewable Energy Fee
- » Westinghouse Set to Boost Bulgaria's Growth - CEO
- » European Commission to Lead South Stream Talks with Russia
- » Hungary to Start South Stream in 2015
- » Commissioner Oettinger to Meet Bulgaria Energy Min over South Stream
- » Bulgarian Economists Issue Grim Forecast