Bulgaria's Kubrat Pulev Crushes Thompson in IBF Eliminator
Bulgarian professional boxer Kubrat Pulev has made it to the IBF world heavyweight final after beating American Tony Thompson at the eliminator game Saturday night.
Pulev, who thus scored the biggest success in his illustrious carreer, is likely to face Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko for the title.
The Bulgarian started slow in the semi-final, but turned the fight around and went on to largely dictate the pace of the fight over 12 rounds against Thompson, outpointing the American veteran.
Pulev Saturday's eliminator at at the Sport- und Kongress Hall in Schwerin, Germany, on scores of 116-112, 117-111, and 118-110.
Pulev is now the mandatory IBF challenger for the winner between Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin.
He joins Wl. Klitschko as the only fighter to beat Thompson over the last decade.
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report