Russian Tourists Pile Complaints about Bulgarian Resorts
Russian tourists, vacationing on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, have sent over 70 complaints to the Commission for Consumers' Protection.
According to the Russian agency Interfax, the majority of the complaints were filed by those staying in or near the Black Sea city of Burgas on the southern cost and stem from malfunctioning showers, fallen bathroom tiles, and insufficient and untimely change of bed linens and towels.
In recent years, the Commission has opened temporary summer offices at beach resorts and its inspectors conduct frequent checks in coastal hotels.
Interfax, cited by the Bulgarian 24 Chassa (24 Hours) daily, further writes that another boom of holidaymakers' complaints is expected at the end of August.
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Up 8.9% Oct 2013 Y/Y
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Balkan States to Attract Chinese Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Performs Way above Int'l Average - Deputy Min
- » Environment Inspectors Uncover Violations at Top Bulgarian Ski Resort
I travel quite a bit and one of my main problems in Bulgarian hotels are showers, either innsufficient hot water, bad drainage, smelly drains. Almost invariably the shower head or its bracket is faulty in fact I repaired one in a hotel only on Monday!!! Never seen a missing tile though. Come on guys some of this stuff is simple basic maintenance.