2 Die, 17 Injured in Traffic Accident in Bulgaria
Two women, 33 and 35, have died and seventeen other people have been injured in a hellish traffic accident in Bulgaria Friday morning.
The accident happened near the village of Tsar Simeonovo, in the Danube region of Vidin in northwestern Bulgaria.
The driver of a minivan, with 19 passengers going to work, lost control of the vehicle, hit a tree and overturned.
The 17 injured were taken to the emergency room in the city of Vidin.
Police say the initial lead points at speeding and overloading of the minivan.
The road between Vidin and Lom was temporarily closed over the investigation.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore