2 Still Suffering Heavy Injuries after Restaurant Blast in Sofia
One Bulgarian man and one woman are still in serious condition at Sofia's emergency medicine Pirogov hospital after the Sunday night blast at a Chinese restaurant downtown the Bulgarian capital.
The life of the 35-year old man is still in danger, said doctors from the hospital.
The 53-year old woman, who has been rushed into the hospital suffering brain damage, is now up to undergo surgery in the traumatology cliniic.
A natural gas bottle is believed to have caused the explosion at the Chinese restaurant opposite the Russian church on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd in downtown Sofia at 7.20 pm last Sunday.
The blast injured a total of 13 people, including 2 passers by and tore off parts of the facade of the building.
Regional units of Bulgaria's fire safety service are launching mass inspections at sites using or storing LPG bottles after the explosion.
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'
- » 3 Injured in Bulgarian Refugee Shelter Riot
- » Bulgaria's Interior Admits about Unrest at Refugee Center on Nov 30