Bulgaria's Ludogorets Fail to Upset Basel in Champions League Playoff
Switzerland's FC Basel 1893 have one foot in the UEFA Champions League group stage after a 4-2 away win at Bulgarian champions Ludogorets Razgrad in the first leg of their play-off tie.
Though Basel went in from through Mohamed Salah, they were 2-1 down five minutes into the second half following goals from Marcelinho and Ivan Stoyanov.
Murat Yakin's side's class ultimately told, though, as Salah added a second before further efforts from Giovanni Sio and Fabian Schär, the latter from the penalty spot after Júnior Caiçara was sent off for Ludogorets, UEFA.com informs.
The hosts' UEFA Champions League hopes are hanging by a thread, and the Bulgarians would most likely end up in Europa League.
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report