3 Tipped to Head Bulgaria's Auto Administration Agency
Three candidates have been picked as most likely to succeed Valentin Bozhkov, former Executive Director of Bulgaria's Automobile Administration Executive Agency (AAEA).
Bozhkov resigned earlier this month after he was charged with malfeasance in office.
Chavdar Vasilev, Secretary General of Bulgaria's Customs Agency, Dimitar Ganev, Automobile Administration's deputy chief and Trendafilov, for whom no information was provided, are among the nominees for new head of the agency, Transport Minister Danail Papazov told private Nova TV channel.
“These are candidates who have been in the sector for years. Even some of the deputies that work in AAEA are likely candidates for the post,” said the minister.
The new director of Bulgaria's Automobile Administration Executive Agency (AAEA) is expected to be appointed by the end of the week.
Valentin Bozhkov was arrested earlier this month in his office during an operation of the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the "Criminal Police" Chief Directorate of the Interior.
Apart from him, 12 other officials of the AAEA were detained, including Bozhkov's secretary, and charges were pressed against at least 5 of them.
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists
- » Socialist MP: Bulgaria's Parliament Won't Complete 4-Year Term