Russian Tourists Said to Turn to Bulgaria amid Egypt Unrest
Bulgaria's tourism appears to be benefiting from the ongoing unrest in Egypt, as more and more Russian tourists are choosing it instead of the northern African country, according to media reports.
Russian daily newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda says Russian tour operators are redirecting a significant number of their clients to Bulgaria, Turkey and Tunis amid the crisis in Egypt.
Some 800 000 Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria by the end of 2013, according to a forecast made in January by Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuriy Isakov.
- » Turkish Airlines Launches Direct Flights Varna – Istanbul
- » 500,000 Bulgarians to Travel During Easter Holidays
- » Bulgaria Is Romanian Tourists' All Inclusive Paradise
- » Climate Change Poses Threat to Ski Tourism in Bulgaria - Report
- » Bulgarians to Spend Easter Holidays in Greece, Italy, Croatia
- » Bulgarian Tourist Websites Among the Most Correct