Russian Tourists Said to Turn to Bulgaria amid Egypt Unrest
Bulgaria's tourism appears to be benefiting from the ongoing unrest in Egypt, as more and more Russian tourists are choosing it instead of the northern African country, according to media reports.
Russian daily newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda says Russian tour operators are redirecting a significant number of their clients to Bulgaria, Turkey and Tunis amid the crisis in Egypt.
Some 800 000 Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria by the end of 2013, according to a forecast made in January by Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuriy Isakov.
- » Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Increase by 34.7% in Q2 Y/Y
- » Bulgarians Spend Their Summer Vacation in London, Barcelona
- » Another Russian Tour Operator Goes Out of Business
- » Inspections Find Violations at 1 out of 7 Bulgarian Beaches
- » Bulgarian Hotels Boast 11.6% Revenue Growth in June 2014