Russian Tourists Said to Turn to Bulgaria amid Egypt Unrest
Bulgaria's tourism appears to be benefiting from the ongoing unrest in Egypt, as more and more Russian tourists are choosing it instead of the northern African country, according to media reports.
Russian daily newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda says Russian tour operators are redirecting a significant number of their clients to Bulgaria, Turkey and Tunis amid the crisis in Egypt.
Some 800 000 Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria by the end of 2013, according to a forecast made in January by Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuriy Isakov.
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Up 8.9% Oct 2013 Y/Y
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Balkan States to Attract Chinese Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Performs Way above Int'l Average - Deputy Min
- » Environment Inspectors Uncover Violations at Top Bulgarian Ski Resort