Russian Tourists Said to Turn to Bulgaria amid Egypt Unrest
Bulgaria's tourism appears to be benefiting from the ongoing unrest in Egypt, as more and more Russian tourists are choosing it instead of the northern African country, according to media reports.
Russian daily newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda says Russian tour operators are redirecting a significant number of their clients to Bulgaria, Turkey and Tunis amid the crisis in Egypt.
Some 800 000 Russian tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria by the end of 2013, according to a forecast made in January by Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria Yuriy Isakov.
- » Tourists at Sunny Beach Complain of Tow Truck Blackmail
- » Morocco Seeks Options for Charter Flights to Bulgaria
- » Undercover Taxmen in Swimsuits Patrol Bulgaria's Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Boasts 33% Higher Hotel Revenues in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Sunny Beach – Cheapest EU Tourist Destination for Brits
- » Tourist Season Not Affected by Floods – Branimir Botev