Gas Bottle Triggered Sofia Restaurant Blast, Experts Confirm
Experts have confirmed that the explosion at a Chinese restaurant in downtown Sofia that left 11 injured Sunday night has most probably been caused by a natural gas bottle, the interior ministry announced on Monday.
Teams conducted new inspection of the premises on Monday in a bid to reconstruct what happened.
Firefighters have retrieved 14 gas bottles from the restaurant.
11 people, including 2 passers by, have been injured by the blast, one of them still in critical condition Monday morning.
The explosion tore off parts of the facade of a building located right in Sofia's center, opposite the St. Nicholas Russian church on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd.
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'
- » 3 Injured in Bulgarian Refugee Shelter Riot
- » Bulgaria's Interior Admits about Unrest at Refugee Center on Nov 30