Beinsa Duno Followers Welcome New Divine Year in Bulgaria
Hundreds of followers of Master Beinsa Duno from Bulgaria and abroad gathered August 19 to celebrate the first day of the new divine year in the Seven Lakes region of the Rila Mountain.
August 19 is the biggest holiday for the White Brotherhood adherents and they dance the sacred for them Paneurhythmy, often called the dance of the soul.
The most fervent proponents of the philosophy of Petar Dunov, including many Britons and French, have been up in the Rila Mountain as early as the end of July. They hail the sunrise at the Hill of Prayers, which they consider to be a divine mystery.
The August celebrations traditionally continue three days - from August 19 till 21.
The dance of Paneurhythmy means "supreme cosmic rhythm" and Duno followers believe that when they perform the exercises consciously, they attune themselves to the Cosmic rhythm.
The religious holiday of the White Brotherhood was officially recognized in Bulgaria with a decision of the government on December 16, 2005.
Persecuted and defamed during the times of communism, the teaching of Bulgaria-born Petar Dunov has gained supporters all over the world in the last few years, spreading primarily in France, the United Kingdom, but even in Asia and the United States.
In February 2007, Dunov ranked second in the first ever race for the greatest Bulgarian of all times in a show held by the Bulgarian National Television.
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Decides on Easing Smoking Ban
- » Refugees, Their Bulgarian Friends Become 'Human of Year' 2013
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Chief Stirs Fresh 'Lavish Life' Scandal
- » Bulgarian University People Protest by Building 'Book Wall'
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience