Nine Injured in Explosion at Chinese Restaurant in Sofia
Nine have been injured in a blast which shook a Chinese restaurant located on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia on Sunday evening.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
There have been no reported deaths so far.
There are a number of ambulances, police vehicles and fire engines on the site on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd.
The cause of the accident is still unknown, but it may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building façade.
- » Bulgarian Health Ministry to Increase Smoking Ban Checks during Holidays
- » Poll: 33% of Bulgarians Have No Savings
- » L'Oreal, UNESCO Program in Bulgaria Gives Applicants More Time, Chances
- » Amnesty International Slams Bulgaria, EU over Refugees Treatment
- » Refugees Stage New Protest in Bulgarian Capital
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital