Explosion Strikes Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Sofia
An explosion shook the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia shortly after 7pm on Sunday.
The accident left a number of people injured, with no reported deaths so far, according to private TV station Nova Tv.
Darik radio reports about nine injured.
There are 6 ambulances, six police and two firefighting trucks on the site and the area has been sealed off.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
According to Nova TV, the accident may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building facade.
Footage of Nova TV shows a fallen scaffold and several smashed cars.
- » Heavy North European Storm Claims First Victims
- » Eight Protesters Detained in Bulgaria’s Capital Sofia
- » Two Bulgarian Students Arrested after Skirmishes with Police - Report
- » Tensions in Front of Parliament as Bulgarian Students Rally
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah