Explosion Strikes Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Sofia
An explosion shook the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia shortly after 7pm on Sunday.
The accident left a number of people injured, with no reported deaths so far, according to private TV station Nova Tv.
Darik radio reports about nine injured.
There are 6 ambulances, six police and two firefighting trucks on the site and the area has been sealed off.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
According to Nova TV, the accident may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building facade.
Footage of Nova TV shows a fallen scaffold and several smashed cars.
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog
- » A Collector from Varna Gathered 21 000 Tickets for Public Transport
- » BGN 2340 per Month are Needed for or a Normal Life of a Family of Four in Bulgaria
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement