Explosion Strikes Chinese Restaurant in Downtown Sofia
An explosion shook the Chinese restaurant on the second floor of the building opposite the Russian Church "St. Nikolay" in downtown Sofia shortly after 7pm on Sunday.
The accident left a number of people injured, with no reported deaths so far, according to private TV station Nova Tv.
Darik radio reports about nine injured.
There are 6 ambulances, six police and two firefighting trucks on the site and the area has been sealed off.
The injured are being taken out on stretchers.
According to Nova TV, the accident may have been caused by a fallen billboard or collapsed building facade.
Footage of Nova TV shows a fallen scaffold and several smashed cars.
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant
- » Typhoon "Lan" Hits Japan Leaving 5 People Dead
- » Dozens of Victims in a Series of Attacks in Nigeria
- » Within 6 Months Everyone in Bulgaria will have Access to their Electronic Health Records
- » Chinese Astronomers Have Said that the Milky Way Limits Are 26% Wider
- » NIMH: Rains will Start From the West and will Spread Throughout the Western Half of the Country