Sofia Breathes Fest Moves to 'Pirotska' Street
On the third Sunday of the Sofia Breathes Fest, from 4 pm until 10 pm, "Pirotska" street will turn into a visual arts venue.
The street will house a number of visual artists, who will present their projects in painting, graphics and animation, design, photography, street-art and installations. The unique wood bike created by artist Georgi Baylov will be on display, as well as the project of Kalina Hristova MAKE A CHANGE/VOTE/VOTE FOR CHANGE, which aims at encouraging people to go to the polls through communication design and illustration.
The Association of Young Psychologists "April 4" will present an interactive program, including demonstrational games, workshops, and a presentation on senses and the ways the human brain processes information.
"Compote Collective" will present their project "Animation Magic" and will organize screenings and a bazaar for their products.
The fest will end on August 25 on the pedestrian zone of Sofia's main "Vitosha" boulevard with an event titled "The Song of the Dance."
The project was launched for the first time in August 2010 and has enjoyed huge success ever since. The street closures for all Sundays in the month of August are in a bid to reduce air pollution from traffic and favor commuting by foot.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014